Germany's news in English

Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland

Man dies after bringing a BBQ into his tent at music festival

Share this article

Man dies after bringing a BBQ into his tent at music festival
File photo: DPA.
15:07 CEST+02:00
A 30-year-old man from Göttingen died on Sunday after bringing a barbecue inside his tent at the Nürburgring Olé music festival.

The accident occurred after the man had brought the grill into his tent because he was cold, reported Bild newspaper.

But because the grill had not been completely put out, carbon monoxide poisoning cost the man his life.

Last seen alive shortly after midnight on Sunday morning, the festivalgoer was found at around 9:45am, at which time it was too late for rescue workers to save him.

READ ALSO: Six teens found dead after party had carbon monoxide poisoning

 
Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

From our sponsors

Seven of the biggest healthcare culture shocks in Germany

Scared of falling sick when living in Germany? Don't be. The country's healthcare system is among the world's best – even if things can be a little different to what you're used to. To lessen the shock, here's The Local's guide to the cultural quirks that might trip you up.