The culture minister's office said in a statement,that the prosecutor's office in the Bavarian city of Augsburg had sent the details of more paintings found in the Munich flat of the son of a Nazi art dealer where 1,406 lost works were found.
Around 600 paintings, thought to have been looted by the Nazis, are supposed to be put on the site www.lostart.de.
But on Friday morning just 54 new artworks had been published, according to AFP. Of these, 16 were by Norway's Munch and 38 by German painter Liebermann.
The minister's office said the search of the works' origin would determine whether they were linked to persecution by the Nazis.
Germany said on Wednesday it would publish from Thursday pictures of 590 of the 1,406 artworks found in the apartment of the son of Hildebrand Gurlitt, a powerful art dealer commissioned by the Nazis with selling confiscated, looted and extorted works in exchange for hard currency.
Customs police first seized the works in the Munich home of Gurlitt's son, the elderly recluse Cornelius, in February 2012, but the find was kept secret until a news magazine reported it nearly two weeks go.
Germany has since faced international criticism for dragging its feet on publicizing the discovery of the artworks that also include masters Matisse, Rodin and Delacroix.