SHARE
COPY LINK

CRIME

Pervert-pleasing high-heeled mice stompers convicted of cruelty

Two women who stepped on mice while wearing high heels to give a man perverse sexual kicks have been convicted of animal cruelty by a court in central Germany.

Pervert-pleasing high-heeled mice stompers convicted of cruelty
Photo: DPA

The women, aged 29 and 25, made a film of their “animal crushing” exploits, as the disturbing practice is known, having been promised what the court in Darmstadt heard was a considerable amount of money by a man for the video.

More about the man could not be released as he is charged in a different case, the Süddeutsche Zeitung reported on Tuesday.

The women did not only step on mice, but also two lizards and three geckos, and ran over 12 mice in a car on the video, the court heard on Tuesday. They also filmed themselves burning mice with lit cigarettes.

The prosecutor said the “animal crushing” perversion was a rare kind of foot fetishism. “Customers who watch films with such content, satisfy themselves according to our information, by watching pretty women slowly step on the animals, while wearing socks, high heels or while barefoot,” she added.

The authorities used the video made by the women as evidence in the case. The 29-year-old woman was sentenced to a suspended sentence of nine months, and told to pay €500 to an animal protection organisation. Her 25-year-old friend is missing and could not be sentenced on Tuesday.

The defence lawyer criticised the sentence as particularly harsh. “One has to see that my client did not torture the animals for fun, rather that she needed the money that she had been promised in advance,” he said. He complained that the conditions of her sentence wrecked her plans to move to the United States to study business as she would no longer be allowed in the country.

The Local/hc

Member comments

Log in here to leave a comment.
Become a Member to leave a comment.

GERMANY AND ISRAEL

Germany in talks on further payout for 1972 Olympics victims

The German government says it is in talks over further compensation for victims of the attack on the Munich Olympics, as the 50th anniversary of the atrocity approaches.

Germany in talks on further payout for 1972 Olympics victims

Ahead of the commemoration in September, relatives of the Israelis killed have indicated they are unhappy with what Germany is offering.

“Conversations based on trust are taking place with representatives of the victims’ families,” a German interior ministry spokesman told AFP when asked about the negotiations.

He did not specify who would benefit or how much money had been earmarked, saying only that any package would “again” be financed by the federal government, the state of Bavaria and the city of Munich.

On September 5th, 1972, eight gunmen broke into the Israeli team’s flat at the Olympic village, shooting dead two and taking nine Israelis hostage, threatening to kill them unless 232 Palestinian prisoners were released.

West German police responded with a bungled rescue operation in which all nine hostages were killed, along with five of the eight hostage-takers and a police officer.

An armed police officer in a tracksuit secures the block where terrorists  held Israeli hostages at the Olympic Village in Munich on 5th September 1972.

An armed police officer in a tracksuit secures the block where terrorists held Israeli hostages at the Olympic Village in Munich on 5th September 1972. Photo: picture alliance / dpa | Horst Ossingert

The spokeswoman for the victims’ families, Ankie Spitzer, told the German media group RND that the amount currently on the table was “insulting” and threatened a boycott of this year’s commemorations.

She said Berlin was offering a total of €10 million including around €4.5 million already provided in compensation between 1972 and 2002 — an amount she said did not correspond to international standards. 

“We are angry and disappointed,” said Spitzer, the widow of fencing coach Andre Spitzer who was killed in the attack. “We never wanted to talk publicly about money but now we are forced to.”

RND reported that the German and Israeli governments would like to see an accord by August 15th.

The interior ministry spokesman said that beyond compensation, Germany intended to use the anniversary for fresh “historical appraisal, remembrance and recognition”.

He said this would include the formation of a commission of German and Israeli historians to “comprehensively” establish what happened “from the perspective of the year 2022”.

This would lead to “an offer of further acts of acknowledgement of the relatives of the victims of the attack” and the “grave consequences” they suffered.

SHOW COMMENTS