Organizers declare CeBIT success
The Local · 5 Mar 2011, 11:54
Published: 05 Mar 2011 11:54 GMT+01:00
- Gadgets galore wow CeBIT crowds (02 Mar 11)
- Tech fair CeBIT rides bullish IT sector (28 Feb 11)
- Big high-tech firms return to CeBIT (21 Feb 11)
"All the participants have spoken of a very strong CeBIT 2011," said principal organizer Ernst Raue. He said the fair had gained an even better reception abroad this year.
Raue said the participating companies were particularly impressed with the buying power of the visitors. More than 500 heads of international companies attended the event, with a combined budget of over €50 billion a year - more than ever before.
Raue also said he was happy with the new categorization of the fair – "CeBIT pro" for companies, "CeBIT lab" for research, "CeBIT gov" for state institutions and "CeBIT live" for private users. Raue claimed the private users' area had been further expanded this year.
Saturday is the last day of the fair. For the first time in ten years, more exhibitors had applied for space than the year before. More than 4,200 companies from over 70 countries presented their products and services. This year's partner country was Turkey.