SHARE
COPY LINK

SEX

Cops kybosh outdoor copulation

The days might be getting shorter and colder in Germany, but that didn't stop two amorous couples from getting busy in public in recent unrelated incidents in Munich and Dresden.

Cops kybosh outdoor copulation
A soon to be crime scene? (wink wink) Photo: DPA

Police in the Bavarian capital on Monday reported that a complaint had been filed against a 21-year-old man and his 17-year-old girlfriend for having sex while completely naked on a park bench in Munich’s famous English Garden.

A scandalized daycare teacher came across the copulating couple while in the company of three small children – leading her to call the police. Officers didn’t arrive in time to catch the lovers in the act, but they were taken to task near the “scene of the crime,” according to the official police report.

The couple might have been let off in Britain – which has recently relaxed the policing of public sex, known as “dogging” – but cops in conservative Bavaria decided to charge them with disturbing the peace and carrying out sexual acts in front of children. The authorities are now trying to determine if the kids even knew what was happening in a “sensitive criminal investigation.”

Another couple in the eastern state of Saxony might not face criminal proceedings, though. Dresden police reported their public hanky panky was also interrupted on Monday.

While they were waiting for auto repair service after their car broke down on the A17 motorway, the couple decided to pass the time inside an autobahn tunnel with a bit of fun. But not only did the tunnel traffic camera film their explicit exploits, the car mechanic caught them unprepared. The ADAC auto club “came quicker than expected,” police said.

GERMANY AND ISRAEL

Germany in talks on further payout for 1972 Olympics victims

The German government says it is in talks over further compensation for victims of the attack on the Munich Olympics, as the 50th anniversary of the atrocity approaches.

Germany in talks on further payout for 1972 Olympics victims

Ahead of the commemoration in September, relatives of the Israelis killed have indicated they are unhappy with what Germany is offering.

“Conversations based on trust are taking place with representatives of the victims’ families,” a German interior ministry spokesman told AFP when asked about the negotiations.

He did not specify who would benefit or how much money had been earmarked, saying only that any package would “again” be financed by the federal government, the state of Bavaria and the city of Munich.

On September 5th, 1972, eight gunmen broke into the Israeli team’s flat at the Olympic village, shooting dead two and taking nine Israelis hostage, threatening to kill them unless 232 Palestinian prisoners were released.

West German police responded with a bungled rescue operation in which all nine hostages were killed, along with five of the eight hostage-takers and a police officer.

An armed police officer in a tracksuit secures the block where terrorists  held Israeli hostages at the Olympic Village in Munich on 5th September 1972.

An armed police officer in a tracksuit secures the block where terrorists held Israeli hostages at the Olympic Village in Munich on 5th September 1972. Photo: picture alliance / dpa | Horst Ossingert

The spokeswoman for the victims’ families, Ankie Spitzer, told the German media group RND that the amount currently on the table was “insulting” and threatened a boycott of this year’s commemorations.

She said Berlin was offering a total of €10 million including around €4.5 million already provided in compensation between 1972 and 2002 — an amount she said did not correspond to international standards. 

“We are angry and disappointed,” said Spitzer, the widow of fencing coach Andre Spitzer who was killed in the attack. “We never wanted to talk publicly about money but now we are forced to.”

RND reported that the German and Israeli governments would like to see an accord by August 15th.

The interior ministry spokesman said that beyond compensation, Germany intended to use the anniversary for fresh “historical appraisal, remembrance and recognition”.

He said this would include the formation of a commission of German and Israeli historians to “comprehensively” establish what happened “from the perspective of the year 2022”.

This would lead to “an offer of further acts of acknowledgement of the relatives of the victims of the attack” and the “grave consequences” they suffered.

SHOW COMMENTS