Firefighters were shocked when they were called to help a man in Osnabrück stuck in a "nightmare" of a situation.
The man was wearing a penis ring made of stainless steel that proved too tight for him to remove himself, thus forcing him to call emergency services, the Osnabrück fire service wrote on Facebook.
The tightness of the ring had caused too much blood to collect in his intimate member, thus making it even harder to remove.
Firefighters said they first protected his groin with tools from their emergency bag and then carefully separated and removed the ring from the most "sensitive" part of his anatomy.
"We ask our fellow citizens (especially the men) to consult with someone about their choice of this kind of ring," the fire department wrote in the post, now shared more than 500 times.
"This will prevent you from having an embarrassing hospital visit and us from having nightmares."
But the day of penis ring rescues was far from over.
Nearly 24 hours later, the firefighters wrote that they had been called to help a different person in the exact same situation, only this time the ring was made of gold.
Story continues below…
"You have to think before choosing rings made out of steel or iron," spokeswoman Johanna Rief from Berlin-based online sex shop Amorelie told The Local.
"Ones made out of silicone are better, easier to remove."
Rief added that while none of Amorelie's clients have reported problems like the men in Osnabrück, she had heard about such stories from time to time.