The series of attempted rapes took place in the space of eight days between Saturday 19th and Sunday 27th October – mostly in the early hours of the morning. On some occasions the man used physical violence and molested his victims.
A spokesman told The Local that Frankfurt am Main police had already received between 180 and 200 pieces of evidence relating to the incidents. “Unfortunately we haven’t arrested any suspects and no new people have come forward,” he said.
According to the victims’ descriptions the suspect is 30 to 35 years old, 175-180 cm tall and of southern or south-eastern European appearance.
He has short dark hair, dark eyes and thick dark eyebrows – but no beard and no glasses.
The attacker, who was described as “stocky” and “well-fed”, was reported to have been wearing outdoor trousers with side-pockets but no sweatshirt.
According to police reports the first incident occurred at around 6.25am on Saturday 19th October when the man attacked a 28-year-old woman jogging by the canal on Niederräder Ufer.
He hit the jogger to the ground and tried to take her clothes off, but she put up a strong fight and he eventually fled the scene.
The following Friday the man tried again – on three separate occasions between 5.40am and 5.55am. His first target was a 22-year-old woman waiting at the Lokalbahnhof tram stop, the second, a woman aged 43 on her way to work on Heisterstraße, and the third a female car driver on Deutschherrenufer.
A day later the criminal attacked a second jogger, at around 7.55am on Mainufer, grabbing his victim from behind and molesting her as she tried to break free. Again he fled the scene when his victim fought back.
The final incident occurred on Sunday October 27th at around 11.30pm when the man reached into a 33-year-old woman’s car and hit her over the back of the head as she waited on the corner of Uhlandstraße and Ostendstraße.