Advertisement
Advertisement

Choking confetti and fire cause live TV chaos

Share this article

Choking confetti and fire cause live TV chaos
Photo: DPA
15:11 CET+01:00
A live German talent show went seriously awry on Saturday night when one singer choked on glittery confetti raining from the ceiling, another lost her voice after being swathed in dry ice, and to top it off a fire broke out on stage.

“Supertalent” had been hoping their new run of live shows would make up for disappointing ratings figures, which hit all time low last weekend, wrote the regional Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (WAZ) newspaper on Sunday.

But host Thomas Gottschalk could only look on in horror as the evening's entertainment descended into farce – and was beamed out live to an audience of millions.

It all started when a young singer named Laura inhaled some of the confetti falling from the ceiling during her performance and began to choke.

Then another piece was ruined when opera singer Simone Ciccarese's voice failed due to the copious clouds of dry ice which accompanied her performance.

And finally stage hands had to rush in with fire extinguishers when a performance consisting of two men called Christian and Leo smashing up a car resulted in a blaze.

The Local/jlb

Share this article

Advertisement
Advertisement

From our sponsors

‘Become who you want to be’: one degree, three countries

Paris, Madrid, Berlin... For internationally-minded students, it can be tough to choose where to attend university. But at ESCP Europe – one of the top business schools in the world – you don’t have to.


Database error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')
			ORDER BY
				entries.ENTRY_MODIFIED DESC
			LIMIT
				10' at line 20