An increasing number of people are moving abroad for work, retirement, to experience new cultures or for economic or political reasons.
Moving abroad is exciting and challenging. It is therefore important to find a removals company that understands your needs and that you can trust.
Selecting a reputable moving company will go a long way to ensuring your peace of mind, and there are a number of things you can look for in a mover to take the guess work out of selecting the right one for you.
Look for an international mover with a good reputation that offers a top quality service from door-to-door. Find out if they invest in training and employ skilled staff, and what packing materials are used.
Find a company that is financially stable and has extensive experience. Most people also want to track their move, so a mover that offers online tracking tools that allows you to know where your goods are at any time, can really be helpful.
A reputable company will also offer insurance. When you are moving goods, many unforeseen circumstances can occur, especially with international moves, so it is important to ensure your personal effects are fully covered in the unlikely event of any loss or damage.
Besides selecting the right mover, there are also a number of moving tips which are useful to make your move as smooth and hassle free as possible.
The day of the move:
1. Prepare a simple breakfast, with food not requiring refrigeration
2. Be available to the mover to answer queries
3. Ensure all goods are placed on the inventory
4. Review the inventory for accuracy
5. Call the mover if problems arise
6. Sign the inventory and keep a copy
7. Check all rooms so as not to forget items before the mover leaves
8. Hand the keys to the responsible person (e.g. landlord).
1. Leave your contact details with the mover on arrival for delivery purposes
2. Be available for the delivery, with the furniture placement plan, to ensure quick service
3. Note any damages, and submit a timely insurance claim if necessary
4. The destination agent will deliver, unpack and set up furniture according to the prior agreement
5. Debris must be collected by the mover.
6. Remember to include the youngest members of your family in the move. If you have children, there are a number of steps you can take before the move to help make this a less disruptive and a happier event for them:
7. Answer all questions about the move and be positive
8. Take them to their favourite place and take photos before leaving
9. Encourage them to keep in touch with family, collect photos, souvenirs
10. Include them in the move to reduce anxiety
11. Help them learn about the new country and look for exciting activities
12. Let them create a scrapbook of their previous home, town and friends
13. Look for clubs they can join to make new friends
14. Pack their favourite games and snacks for the move.
With 38 years experience in the international removals industry, and a large network of 124 locations in 76 countries, AGS International Movers has the expertise to guide you through every step of your move.
We provide consistent quality services regardless of the destination. Our work methods and packing materials comply with FIDI’s FAIM standards, the most prestigious standards specific to the removals industry.
As experts in international removals, client satisfaction is key to our success. We constantly improve our services and customise solutions so that our clients can move with peace of mind.
We offer secure storage facilities across the world. Our warehouses are regularly inspected and are well equipped with Security systems, anti fire systems, appropriate ventilation and treatments against humidity.
For a risk-free move, AGS is constantly improving and innovating its packing techniques and materials. We use unique packing material tailored to the type of goods being transported; this not only increases the safety of goods but allows for improved space allocation, further reducing the cost of the removal.
Choose AGS International Movers - for moving anywhere in the world.
Article sponsored by AGS International Movers