SHARE
COPY LINK

SEX

Mini-shoe fetishist busted for stealing 112 pairs of kid’s shoes

Bavarian police have arrested a 39-year old man who stole 112 pairs of children’s shoes for sexual pleasure, officers reported on Friday.

Mini-shoe fetishist busted for stealing 112 pairs of kid's shoes
Walking in their shoes: The secured stolen goods. Photo: PI Cham/OPf

The thief from the southern German Cham region had hoarded impressive amounts of kids footwear, backpacks and children’s t-shirts. The stolen goods were found stuffed in rubbish bags and boxes in his flat.

“The man had even deposited shoes in his bed,” police said in the statement.

Local police became suspicious after shoe thefts went up in the region and searched the apartment of the 39-year-old suspect. While questioning the alleged thief about his love of foot fashion, the officers were baffled when the builder told them he had started “collecting” shoes two years ago and expressed “sexual motives” for his actions.

“Most of the shoes were stolen from kindergartens or schools,” police said in the statement. While the man had purchased some pairs legally at bazaars and markets, he had also taken shoes from different children’s facilities in the region.

Police said they were interested in returning the shoes to their rightful owners. “Maybe the parents didn’t connect the missing shoes to a crime and just thought they have been carelessly misplaced,” the department said in the statement.

Parents whose children have mysteriously lost shoes can call the local police in Cham under 09971 / 85450.

GERMANY AND ISRAEL

Germany in talks on further payout for 1972 Olympics victims

The German government says it is in talks over further compensation for victims of the attack on the Munich Olympics, as the 50th anniversary of the atrocity approaches.

Germany in talks on further payout for 1972 Olympics victims

Ahead of the commemoration in September, relatives of the Israelis killed have indicated they are unhappy with what Germany is offering.

“Conversations based on trust are taking place with representatives of the victims’ families,” a German interior ministry spokesman told AFP when asked about the negotiations.

He did not specify who would benefit or how much money had been earmarked, saying only that any package would “again” be financed by the federal government, the state of Bavaria and the city of Munich.

On September 5th, 1972, eight gunmen broke into the Israeli team’s flat at the Olympic village, shooting dead two and taking nine Israelis hostage, threatening to kill them unless 232 Palestinian prisoners were released.

West German police responded with a bungled rescue operation in which all nine hostages were killed, along with five of the eight hostage-takers and a police officer.

An armed police officer in a tracksuit secures the block where terrorists  held Israeli hostages at the Olympic Village in Munich on 5th September 1972.

An armed police officer in a tracksuit secures the block where terrorists held Israeli hostages at the Olympic Village in Munich on 5th September 1972. Photo: picture alliance / dpa | Horst Ossingert

The spokeswoman for the victims’ families, Ankie Spitzer, told the German media group RND that the amount currently on the table was “insulting” and threatened a boycott of this year’s commemorations.

She said Berlin was offering a total of €10 million including around €4.5 million already provided in compensation between 1972 and 2002 — an amount she said did not correspond to international standards. 

“We are angry and disappointed,” said Spitzer, the widow of fencing coach Andre Spitzer who was killed in the attack. “We never wanted to talk publicly about money but now we are forced to.”

RND reported that the German and Israeli governments would like to see an accord by August 15th.

The interior ministry spokesman said that beyond compensation, Germany intended to use the anniversary for fresh “historical appraisal, remembrance and recognition”.

He said this would include the formation of a commission of German and Israeli historians to “comprehensively” establish what happened “from the perspective of the year 2022”.

This would lead to “an offer of further acts of acknowledgement of the relatives of the victims of the attack” and the “grave consequences” they suffered.

SHOW COMMENTS