Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Family's dinner interrupted by lighting strike

Share this article

Family's dinner interrupted by lighting strike
'Honey, did you invite anyone over for dinner?' Photo: DPA
10:35 CEST+02:00
A German family sitting down to dinner on Wednesday evening narrowly avoided harm after they were joined by an uninvited bolt of lighting.

The three family members from the town of Maichingen in Baden-Württemberg had just gathered in their dining room in the top floor of their home as lighting struck, destroying the rooftop above.

According to the police, it “was a miracle” that no one was injured in the freak incident. Beside the hole in the roof, the lighting bolt ruined much of the furniture in the dining room.

The police estimated the lighting caused some €30,000 in damage, but did not report whether the family's dinner survived the extra charring by Mother Nature.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement

From our sponsors

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement